[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  jesse at wingnet dot net
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: thoughts on PHP as an rc system?
 Date:  Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:46:33 +0100
On 24.02.2005 13:56 -0500, Jesse Guardiani wrote:

> That's a neat idea. Lots of advantages! webGUI wouldn't even have to
> run on the m0n0wall.
>
> Do you think you'd still use PHP for the server component?

No way! ;) That's something that PHP definitely doesn't work for
(well of course it would somehow, but that would be completely
against the intention with which PHP was made). I was more thinking
of using a small JVM and implementing the server component in Java.
However, I haven't actually evaluated any small/embedded JVMs to see
how fast and reliable they are.

- Manuel