[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Barry Mather" <barry dot mather at dorecentres dot com dot au>
 To:  "Rob Sharp" <robertsharp at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Re: Experiences in 50+ user organizations?
 Date:  Fri, 25 Feb 2005 12:58:06 +1100
I was just answering the post from the guy in the first place, his boss
was nervous of using open source software, so I pointed out that various
large companies use open source software as a base for their products

Another thought is:- what product does 'the internet' use for dns
servers .. I'd pretty much guess that 80%+ use bind - open source - now
that's not being simplistic.

I would also not class m0n0wall as a 'home grown' firewall any more ...
the amount of talent on this forum is HUGE ... we have MANY people
contributing to this project what do this kind of work full time as
well...

How do you think that many people contributing to a project because they
want to see it succeed is any different from many people contributing to
a project because they are being paid by a company ...

There was also no need to be so condescending in your post.

End.