[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "PaulPigster" <paul dot pigster at cox dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Hidden config.xml options (and Lingo w/ shaping stopped working after 1.2b5)
 Date:  Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:06:01 -0500
Hi list,

I was using net48xx-1.2b3.img

Did anyone ever get the 'dhcpd/(if)/next-server and dhcpd/(if)/filename'
hidden option working? http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/faq-hiddenopts.html

I downloaded the config.xml file, added next-server and filename options and
then uploaded the config.xml file. Here are the mods in question:

			<staticmap>
				<mac>00:02:b3:61:94:84</mac>
				<ipaddr>10.19.71.50</ipaddr>
				<descr>p1-ts-1</descr>
				<next-server>10.19.71.20</next-server>
				<filename>thinstation.nbi.zpxe</filename>
			</staticmap

But after rebooting and even upgrading to net48xx-1.2b5.img nothing worked.

A dhcpdump indicated that no server or filename were handed out.

I see, from exec.php, the following when I $ cat /var/etc/dhcpd.conf

host s_lan_9 {
	hardware ethernet 00:02:b3:61:94:84;
	fixed-address 10.19.71.50;
}

Did I update the config.xml file correctly or have these hidden options been
retired or is there a specific version of m0n0 I need to use to get this
working?

Also, my Lingo VoIP service stopped working, as has been observed by Vonage
users, when I upgraded to net48xx-1.2b5.img with Traffic Shaping enabled.
Disabling Traffic Shaping got things working again.

Thanks,
Paul.