[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Experiences in 50+ user organizations?
 Date:  Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:30:07 +0000
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:49:27 -0500, Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net> wrote:

> I tend to agree with this. I had a Soekris 4801 riding a saturated T1
> in bridge mode doing traffic shaping for about a week. The webGUI was
> painfully slow, but the Soekris seemed to handle the traffic quite well.
>
> I wouldn't place a Soekris 4801 on anything larger than a saturated T1
> though.

I have a 4801 on 1.2b3 in bridging pushing a whole lot more than a T1.
 http://chrisbuechler.com/ifgraph/4801-wan.html
It's had periods of 1-2 hours that it's been up to 15 Mb.  That's
Internet bandwidth - hosted web sites, mail, CVS, etc.

Actually originally had a 4501 in there, and it got the job done just
fine.  We ran it at 6-8 Mb for several hours.  Only reason we put in
the 4801 instead is the webGUI was *horribly* slow.  CPU was pegged at
100% when pushing 6-8 Mb bridging.  I've yet to see the webGUI get
very slow on the 4801.

-Chris