[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <dmunyak at p dash a dash link dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE: web forums
 Date:  Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:26:22 -0500
Here's a way that makes a compromise. It is a webbased news reader.
I am not trying to push the idea, just thought it looked alot cleaner
than GNAME.

http://florian-amrhein.de/newsportal/

To see it in action
http://news.zelow.no/floppyfw/newsportal/thread.php?group=floppyfw.newbie

btw...I know this is a back-burner thing. Too much going on with the
latest update.

Don

Jesse Guardiani wrote:

> Frans King wrote:
>

>>It's been debated many times and I think it all comes down to people
>>preferring e-mail over forums. What would be nice would be integration
>>between a forum and a mailing list - post a message on a forum and it gets
>>e-mailed to all the members and similarly if you send a message to a
>>mailing list it gets archived to the correct thread in the forum.
>

> I think that's a really slick idea. Best of both worlds for everyone.
> In retrospect, the idea is very similar to GMANE, but GMANE does
> list -> forum -> NNTP, and the forum interface is read-only.
>
> Killer idea for an OSS project, IMO.

This message, including files attached to it, may contain confidential
information that is intended only for the use of the ADDRESSEE(S) named
above.  If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination or copying of the information contained in this message,
or the taking of any action in reliance upon the information, is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the message from your system.  Thank you.