[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeb Campbell <jebc at c4solutions dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Dnsmasq as dhcp server (since we are in beta)
 Date:  Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:39:51 -0600
Does anyone have any thoughts about using dnsmasq as the dns and dhcp
server?

I am using dnsmasq for both on some linux gateways (soon to be replaced
with m0n0wall ;) and have not had any problems.  In fact I really like
that one (simple) file controls dns and dhcp (2 if you count /etc/hosts).

Anyway I haven't had a chance to check the version of dnsmasq on m0n0
(so that might need updating), but it could save some space with the
removal of dhcp.

Just some thoughts and if there is interest I might get some time to get
Manuel a patch.

Jeb
--

Jeb Campbell