[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Nikolic, Aleks" <ANikolic at alphenaandenrijn dot nl>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ipf_nattable_max reduced
 Date:  Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:55:13 -0500
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:00:09 +0100, Nikolic, Aleks
<ANikolic at alphenaandenrijn dot nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using M0n0wall for a while now with VMWare GSX Server and it works like
> a charm!
>
> I've been seeing these messages in my status.php the last few days:
> Does somebody know what they mean and how I can prevent it?

The "Missed packet -- no receive buffer" is a common message from
VMware, and maybe with all lnc NIC's.  I wouldn't worry about it.  The
lnc(4) man page says:

     This driver has the potential of being the most verbose of any of the
     Ethernet device drivers.

It's probably being overly verbose, really (the above is listed in the
"bugs" section).

As far as the IPFilter logs, I don't know what that's about but if it
isn't causing any problems either, I wouldn't worry about it.

-Chris