[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeb Campbell <jebc at c4solutions dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Dnsmasq as dhcp server (since we are in beta)
 Date:  Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:26:49 -0600
Manuel Kasper wrote:
> This has already been discussed recently here. The issue with dnsmasq
> is that you need to run multiple instances to provide service on
> multiple interfaces, which I don't like very much (I think in earlier
> versions it didn't work at all). Or has that changed?

My apologies for bringing it back up -- I haven't been subscribed that
long and the list search did not show anything for "dnsmasq" or "dnsmasq
dhcp" (that looked like this).  If someone has a link (or even the
subject of the start of the thread) I would love to read up on it.

Back to Manuel's point, dnsmasq (2.15 here) can bind to interfaces,
!interfaces, and specific ip addresses (or some combo of the above).

As to the other issues, I will have to read up on them first and see
what I'm missing ;) .  (I thought I used about every dhcp option there was).

Jeb
--

Jeb Campbell
jebc at c4solutions dot net