[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dany Nativel <dany underscore list at natzo dot com>
 To:  David Ponizil <david at ponizil dot com>
 Cc:  Nicolas Patik <nicolas dot patik at gmail dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2b5 and Atheros a/b/g
 Date:  Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:28:47 +0100
Not directly related but I noticed a strange behavior with Atheros card
(WG511T) and FreeBSD 5.3 on a desktop machine (not m0n0).  I use a
Belkin 802.11g access point. If I setup the wlan AP to Mixed mode  and
then configure the atheros card under FBSD with : ifconfig ssid xxx mode
11g wepmode on wepkey 0x.....  It works well.

Then if I switch the AP to 11G only the Atheros card won't associate
even when  adding extra switches to fix the mode and speed.

Is this a limitation of the ath driver under 5.3 ?

Dany

PS: I think I'm going back to m0n0  rev. b3 on my Soekris 4501 board as
I lost  few times  the connection  (LAN and WAN) and also had some
troubles to get DHCP to work correctly on for some of the clients.