[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Sven Vogel <acidlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  ssh more details
 Date:  Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:12:12 +0100
okay more details:

monowall(soekris) ip:
windows workstation: ip
linux workstation:

they got the ips from dhcp

the windows and linux workstation are connected in a hub. the hub is
connected in one of the 4501 lan interfaces.
all ping work good from windows to mono and linux and so on....
i connect to my service provider with the wan interface from the
soekris with monowall. its an pppoe connection. there are no problems.
on my linux workstation i run a sshd. i use putty from windows to
connect the linux workstation with the ip and port 22.
there are no problems i can login and see my shell.

so i thought i can connect about the internet to my linux workstation
but i need to test it. i setup a dyndns adress and say monowall
transfer the actually ip adress.
no problem it work good.
then i use putty to connect this dynamic ip or to the dns adress. its
the same. but i get an connection refused.
occurred to me i must configurate mono that it accept the inbound
connection and the port 22.

i make the follow settings:
i got to nat and confirgure this and set a hook by Auto-add a firewall
rule to permit traffic through this NAT rule.

   If    Proto Ext. port range NAT IP Int. port range Description
WAN  TCP  22 (SSH)  22 (SSH)  ssh2

in the rules i got this

Proto Source Port Destination     Port      Description
TCP      *         *  22 (SSH)  NAT ssh2

i thought it will be work.
maybe i have an understanding problem:

is it possible to use putty and go out in the internet and come back
about the same interface. so i use the isp ip.

windows(putty) ---> mono --> dyndns ---> mono ---> linux

is this possible?