[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mustabasic Reuf" <reuf at 1000ordi dot ch>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Beta 1.2b5 + Atheros [ath] works !
 Date:  Sun, 27 Feb 2005 04:05:10 +0100
Hi !

Juste add opt1 interface (ath0) and go to INTERFACES =>OPT1 and you can
configure your atheros based wi-fi card.

However, I had a littl' problem with it :

	affter boot ath interface will stay in "no link" state no matter what
option you try.

To bring it to work , go to http://your.ip.of.mono/exec.php and execute :

	"ifconfig ath0 mediaopt hostap mode 11g ssid my_net"

After this, everything works fine. I made a bridge with LAN network.

I also did a couple test to see how it performs. My monowall runs on WRAP
board (3xLAN , 1xmini-PCI).

Copy an ISO image between my laptop (same wi-fi mini-pci card like in
monowall , 3054 MP ARIES http://www.netgate.com, DELL 8500, 100Mbits)
and my server (AMD64 3000+, 1GBit LAN) :

	1) using wireless : max 1.8MB/S  average 900kb/s. At beginig it starts at
~250kb/s and will go up

	2) using wired interface : 3MB/S max

Compared to my Linksys WAG54G :

	1) using wireless : max 2.1MB/S and it will goes in 2 sec to this speed

	2) using wired interface: 8MB/S (well, WAG has 4 port switch built-in)