[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  ryan <ryanag at zoominternet dot net>
 To:  V----- B------ <v dash dash dash dash dash at b dash dash dash dash dash dash dot nl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] security issues
 Date:  Sun, 27 Feb 2005 17:14:57 +0000 (UTC)
*2nd try on sending this, having some issues with pine, my apologies if
this gets out twice*

Its very unlikely your WLAN clients will hit 54 Mbps without the VPN. ;-)

You do have some other options.

You can get a .g access point that supports WPA (not just WEP encryption).
This one supports full 256-bit WPA, and is $85:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=706787&CatId=372

You can use m0n0wall's browser capture functionality (don't forget to look
at the logs).

You can turn off DHCP, and limit the number of allowed IPs to the min.
required. (good idea in any case).

hope this helps