[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kenneth Keiter <ken at keiterhome dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Hacked Version
 Date:  Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:07:46 +0100
I know that I might get flamed for even asking this, but I was wondering
if someone could help me out with a major FreeBSD favor. Let me start
out by saying that I'm not an open source developer. I can _barely_
navigate Linux, and FreeBSD is almost 100% out of my realm of
possibility and learning it is not within my project's development time.
I need to be able to modify the Captive Portal scripts to be used with a
propriatary authentication system, and I also need to be able to modify
other non-core operating files. Like I said, I'm not sure how FreeBSD
works, but I need to be able to do this without losing all of my files
upon reboot. I've been testing my code with the exec.php script by
uploading them and then moving them to their appropriate directories. So
what I'm wondering if anyone would have time to help me make a image
(based on one of the beta distros) that does NOT overwrite the files I
upload upon startup. I don't know much about this but I thought maybe
one of you who decides to help me could modify the exec.php so it
doesn't load to the ram disk? Maybe, maybe not? I have a lot of
experience with PHP, but (like I said) not the FreeBSD OS & FS. In
return, maybe I can help you (e.g. whoever helps me) with something
PHP/Web Related. Any sourcecode that I work with (for the propriatary
PHP-based server, etc) is yours if you want it. I know this is a big
request, but I'm hoping that someone has already done something like
this and would be nice enough to share it! Thank you all SO much for
your help and time that you spend helping newbies like me!

Best Regards!
--
*Kenneth Keiter*
I.T. Solutions Provider

*Disclaimer:* The contents of this email and any attachments are
property of Kenneth Keiter. They may not be archived for commercial use
without permission.