[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  "'mono'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] i need some help
 Date:  Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:09:40 -0500
adrian wrote:
> I just got m0n0wall up again
>
> Now this is my setup
>
> I have 3 nic cards and1 wireless linksys wp11
>
> Now one car is for wan
>
> 1 card is for lan
>
> The third card which is opti2 I want to use for a completely
different
> network, ( meaning, I will have it connected to a switch and I want
> that switch to be on a different network, as in not 192.168.XXX.XXX
> instead I want it something different,
>
> And part 2 of my question  how do I get the wireless card to work, I
> see it up and it says running, but how do I allow traffic to and
from
> it,  w ant my laptop to connect to it is there some sort of trick I
> have to do,

If a interface the third NIC does not show up on under interfaces in
the WebGUI (it does not by default) click on "(assign)" next to
interfaces in the menu on the left. This will associate the adaptor to
the interface by MAC address. Once the adaptor has been associated
with the interface (third detected NIC should be OPT1 by default) OPT1
will show up under Interfaces.

Click on the OPT1 Interface:
1) Enable Interface
2) Give the interface a different name in Description if you want. (I
call my OPT1 LAN2)
3) Bridge to "NONE"
4) Assign IP address and the netmask (in CIDR notation) - I use
172.16.x.x/24 for my LAN2 and 192.168.x.x/24 for my LAN

Click on Firewall Rules:
Add a default OPT1 any -> any firewall rule, if you do not want the
OPT1 interface to access the LAN make the destination *NOT* LAN
Subnet.

Client machines will use the IP you assign as their gateway. Fairly
straight forward.

On the wireless, I don't have a clue - not running wireless on my
m0n0wall. Once you have the SSID, etc. set, you should be able to do
something similar with the WLAN interface...  But, I am not sure.

James W. McKeand