[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  els24 at cornell dot edu
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] syslog interface
 Date:  Tue, 1 Mar 2005 14:49:24 -0500
On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 14:35:34 -0500, Eric Spaulding <els24 at cornell dot edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm implementing a filtered bridge between WAN->DMZ(opt1) interfaces.
> Looks like I need to configure the LAN interface on a different subnet
> for configuration...192.168.x.x, etc.
>
> I'm having problems getting remote syslog to work to a remote host (on
> "WAN subnet"{).  Is the remote syslog restricted to the LAN interface?

No.  In one filtered bridge setup, I syslog to a host on the bridged
interface and the LAN isn't even plugged in.  I know many people
syslog over the WAN as well.

As far as configuration on the bridge, just use the WAN IP with
appropriate firewall rules.  You have to set the LAN IP to something,
but after the initial configuration it doesn't have to be plugged in.
See this for an example.
http://m0n0.ch/wall/docbook/examples-filtered-bridge.html

-Chris