[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  George Bourozikas <george at bourozikas dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Need help troubleshooting IPsec tunnel
 Date:  Tue, 1 Mar 2005 16:58:46 -0500
Hi,

I just set up 2 soekris-net4801-based m0n0wall boxes and everything works
fine, except I need some help troubleshooting the IPsec tunnel that I
created between them.

The tunnel is set up properly and I can ping between the two subnets
indefinitely, but all TCP connections (ssh, http) fail after exchanging a
few packets.  For example an ssh connection will let me log onto a host
across subnets but it stops responding when I get to the shell prompt and
give a command such as "ls."

Using tcpdump, I just see the traffic stopping, nothing else.  No messages
in syslog either.

Any ideas on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

--George Bourozikas

P.S. I want to take this opportunity to let the developers know that they
are doing an awesome job.  I started using m0n0wall last week and I am
thoroughly impressed with the quality of the project.