[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Elijah Savage" <esavage at digitalrage dot org>
 To:  "Claude Morin" <klodefactor at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Monowall to Cisco VPN
 Date:  Tue, 1 Mar 2005 21:35:43 -0500
Claude,

I was trying to keep from having to change the MTU on each client. The
other reason I say it is a MTU problem and possibly monowall not
understanding, is because I can ping across the tunnel fine with regular
size packets from XP I can ssh and telnet fine, it is when I try to use
outlook or map drives is the problem. But for kicks I did download drtcp
this weekend and loaded it and took the mtu all the way down to 576 and
it did not work. But like I said replace monowall with my pix and change
the mtu back to 1500 on the one XP client I am testing with and it all
works great. Also this is not just between 2 sites I have 5 other
tunnels on the monowall and pix which are lan to lan tunnels and when
the monowall is in place all tunnels exhibit the same behavior they can
get to the monowall lan and do what ever they want but I can't get to
their lans when monowall is in place.

But thank you so much for taking the time to read the email and reply.