 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Webcam and captive portal.
 Date:  Wed, 02 Mar 2005 10:59:41 +0100
On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 21:07, Henning Wangerin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a wireless-netcam (surecom nl-401) that I want to allow access to
> my file-server for uploading of images to an archive.

> 2) Setup the webcam on a static IP (dhcp for easy handling) and
> firewalling so no connections out is possible, and let the server pull
> information

It's working greate with the server polling images, with no captive
portal ;-)

As all trafic to/from the net-cam is from the LAN _to_ the cam, how do I
secure it the best?

My idea is to setup a mac-passthru on the cam, setting up a static IP
(already done, so the server know where to fetch data from) and stopping
all outbound connections from the cams IP in the firewall.

And now my problem: How do I ensure that the mac of the cam is not
hijacked, and assigned another IP?.