[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Beta 1.2b6
 Date:  Wed, 02 Mar 2005 10:55:23 -0500
Manuel Kasper wrote:

> The most annoying bug in 1.2b5 - inbound NAT not working while the
> traffic shaper is on - has been fixed. The other kernel-level issue
> (filtering bridge doesn't filter while the traffic shaper is on)
> hasn't been completely resolved yet - the filtering works now, but no
> traffic shaping is applied to bridged traffic. See the change log for
> details (and the PR listed there for further explanations).
>
> Two contributed patches have finally been imported:
>
> - packet loss rate and queue size controls for traffic shaper pipes
>
> - per-user bandwidth restrictions for captive portal users
>
> Furthermore, the CPU meter on the index page is gone - it has been
> replaced by an SVG graph.
>
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/beta.php

Thanks for the new release! The bug fixes are much appreciated, and I
particularly like the new SVG CPU graph! Very cool!

Did anyone else have trouble with their IPSec links after the upgrade?
I went from 1.11 to 1.2b6 on a generic PC, and my IPSec link wouldn't
come back up after the upgrade. I tried a bunch of stuff, so it's hard
to say what finally fixed it, but I think the thing that fixed it was
to delete the SADs and SPDs from both sides of the link. Is this normal?

(A 1.2b5 box was maintaining the other end of the link)

Anyway, I guess it isn't a big deal as I've got it working now. It was
just strange, and it took about 10 minutes to fix.

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,