[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Robert Staph" <rstaph at digitalimpreza dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: Re[2]: [m0n0wall] 1.2b6 traffic shaper seems to break pptp
 Date:  Wed, 2 Mar 2005 11:35:09 -0500
> RS> I was able to connect without issue to my m0n0wall's VPN server using
> RS> windows XP, I have the traffic shaper on.  I'm not using radius and I
> have
> RS> not changed the default number of max connections.
>
> RS> Are the people having issues all using radius?
>
> Hi Rob,
>
> Do you connect via LAN or WAN?
> On the LAN side the server iss still accessible, only WAN is blocked.
>
> No radius here.
>
> Matthias

This was from my home cable modem using my WinXP laptop to the m0n0wall at
work, so it was over WAN.   I do have a rule for the PPTP traffic in my
firewall (even though I don't think its required as m0n0wall opens PPTP when
the server is enabled).  Its first on my WAN rules below lines I have
blocking certain IP's.

TCP * * * 1723

Do you have this rule also?

-Rob