[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mat Johns <mbj202 at ecs dot soton dot ac dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2b6, 802.11a/b/g mini pci card
 Date:  Wed, 02 Mar 2005 18:09:28 +0000
Simon Dick wrote:

> I have my mini pci 802.11a/b/g card working under m0n0wall, I'm just
> wondering if it's possible when it's in hostap mode to support more than
> just one standard at a time? For example having 11g and 11b on at the
> same time would be useful for me as I have a mixture of devices.
>
> Thanks for any comments :)

I believe for just B/G there is no need for this feature as both modes
use the same frequencies and channels. Ff you enable G mode then any B
device can connect to it as if it was in B mode and any G device can
access the full speed of G. However A uses a different freqency range so
a mixture of A and B/G wouldnt be possible.

A ~ 5Ghz
B/G ~ 2.4Ghz

~Mat Johns
mbj202 at ecs dot soton dot ac dot uk