[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: RE: [m0n0wall] Fujitsu Ergopro read error
 Date:  Thu, 3 Mar 2005 02:19:12 -0500
On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:04:35 +0200, Tommi Linna
<Tommi dot Linna at kotiosoite dot fi> wrote:

> The system doesn't boot up at all. The only error message is "Read error" on
> the left top corner of the monitor. I assume that on the top-right corner is
> standing "(B4)" or something. And that's all.
>
> There aren't any other error messages seen on the screen and in the boot log
> isn't any errors logged.
>
> I really do not know how to solve this and in the earlier topics nobody
> haven't fixed this. I bought 42 Fujitsu Ergopros for this purpose and if
> M0n0wall doesn't work with these machines, have to get rid of those somehow.

As with any arcane atypical hardware, it'll be pretty much impossible
to resolve without actually having one in hand.

If they can run on US power and you can ship me one, I can most likely
figure it out.  Email me offlist if you'd like to arrange that.
Otherwise I wouldn't expect much, simply because we won't be able to
replicate the problem and get to the bottom of it.  And it's almost
certainly a FreeBSD-specific issue with that hardware platform, not
specifically m0n0wall.

Trying 1.2b6, if you haven't already, might help.

-Chris