[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Krzysztof Syguda" <krzys at wroclaw dot dialog dot net dot pl>
 To:  A dot L dot M dot Buxey at lboro dot ac dot uk, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] captive portal and DNS -walled garden
 Date:  Thu, 03 Mar 2005 11:30:40 +0100
> bad config really.
I don't think so.
One machine could serve a lot of services. We have IP and ports to
magage them.

> I would give the DNS and HTTP server a second IP address
> on a subinterface...and get the DNS to listen on that interface
I can do this but it is "not elegant" and make me a lot of mess in the
network - I have to make changes on all PC on network.
Good network have centralized management.

I think about something like "walled garden" - to make special policy for
unauth user, when we have captive portal enabled.
with future:
-Pass-through macs
-"normal" fw rules for unauth users. (not only allow IPs)

Do somebody know how to do this????