[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Josh McAllister" <josh at bluehornet dot com>
 To:  "Nicolas Bussieres" <nicolasb at altaspectra dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] IPsec and Netbios ... take two
 Date:  Thu, 3 Mar 2005 12:07:36 -0800
It seems to me you've got your eyes set on a single solution. You've identified the problem, and
there are multiple solutions. (I remember this thread from a couple months ago). Think outside the
box. I'm sure you can create a solution through some combination of DHCP/Dynamic DNS Updates/DNS
Forwarder (in M0n0). The exact combination depends on what tools you're currently using.

What are you using for a DNS server at your main site?
What are you using for DHCP server at each site?
What type of workstations at each site?

If you're opposed to using "Windows buggy DNS servers" then why on earth would you want to rely on
any form of NetBios broadcasts? ESPECIALLY over a WAN link?

Josh McAllister