[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2b6 traffic shaper seems to break pptp
 Date:  Thu, 03 Mar 2005 22:05:50 +0100
On 03.03.2005 15:36 -0500, Chris Buechler wrote:

> A whole lot of us are having some sort of problems with it.  It's
> not the traffic getting dropped, I can telnet to 1723 on my m0n0
> box, but PPTP won't successfully connect.  Full logs from mpd from
> a single connection attempt from an XP client at the bottom of this
> message.  Client gets error 619.

> Mar 3 15:32:01 	mpd: [pt0] error writing len 42 frame to bypass:
> Can't assign requested address

And this is the problem (I think). I've had that happen a single time
when I was testing PPTP VPN in 1.2b5, but couldn't reproduce it
again. I searched the MPD mailing list and Google, but to no avail.
Could be triggered by some changes to netgraph in 5.3-RELEASE...
Maybe someone could place a post on the MPD mailing list to ask if
that's a known problem.

- Manuel