[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Instigater <bloo at sveiks dot lv>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Captive Portal going big
 Date:  Fri, 04 Mar 2005 00:36:52 +0200
Hi,
We have quite large network ar local ISP, we tried to use Mikrotik
RouterOS but it turned out the worst nighmare. Even 3Ghz Pentium wasn't
able to withstand 100Mbit link with 20k pps - during peak hours it hit
100% CPU and so rised resposnse times too. We supose it is due to bad
architecure of firewall portion in this product. Sometimes it even
locked up. We tried to emerge hotspot
[http://www.mikrotik.com/docs/ros/2.8/ip/hotspot] dhcp-pool method. In
this case temporary internal IP address is given to client. Upon
succesful authorization he gets real IP address which ir sent by radius
server in reply message. There is also bitrate limit key present in this
reply message.
In 1.2b6 I saw this new bitrate limit appearance. So I think maybe it is
time to give m0n0 a chance in this big field play. So. my question is if
it's possible to make almost the same configuration where bitrate and IP
address is given through radius server reply message?

Instigater