[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: 1.2b6 lock-ups ....
 Date:  Thu, 03 Mar 2005 18:23:12 -0500
Christian Rohmann wrote:

> Hey every1,
> I just used b6 for about 12 hrs and in between 10 of them m0n0 froze
> twice. Does any1 here have similar troubles?
> Here are the hardware specs:
> Abit BE6 (I think) mobo

I've got one of those. Fairly old mobo. Is your BIOS up-to-date?

> Intel Celeron 300A (not overclocked)
> 128Megs of RAM

In how many sticks? If it's in 2 sticks, have you tried it with
just 1? RAM can sometimes pass a boot test but still cause problems.

> Matrox Mystique
> 3Com 3c905b
> Realtek sth ... (I do have a few 3com cards still here ... with linux
> realtek is sometimes not really working good)

I use 3c905, sis,  and intel NICs exclusively. No experience with
realteks. Possibly swap them out and see if the problem goes away?

Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,
P.O. Box 2605 // Cleveland, TN 37320-2605
423-559-LINK (v)  423-559-5145 (f)