[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: 1.2b6 lock-ups ....
 Date:  Thu, 03 Mar 2005 18:23:12 -0500
Christian Rohmann wrote:

> Hey every1,
>
> I just used b6 for about 12 hrs and in between 10 of them m0n0 froze
> twice. Does any1 here have similar troubles?
>

> Here are the hardware specs:
>

> Abit BE6 (I think) mobo

I've got one of those. Fairly old mobo. Is your BIOS up-to-date?

> Intel Celeron 300A (not overclocked)
> 128Megs of RAM

In how many sticks? If it's in 2 sticks, have you tried it with
just 1? RAM can sometimes pass a boot test but still cause problems.

> Matrox Mystique
>
> 3Com 3c905b
> Realtek sth ... (I do have a few 3com cards still here ... with linux
> realtek is sometimes not really working good)

I use 3c905, sis,  and intel NICs exclusively. No experience with
realteks. Possibly swap them out and see if the problem goes away?

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,