[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Mee <mm2001 at pobox dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall bridging the digital divide
 Date:  Sat, 05 Mar 2005 00:01:26 -0800
The term digital divide is cliched perhaps, but the problem isn't, and
we're VERY excited to be using the new Atheros support in m0n0wall to do
our part.

If you're interested, check out the pics and cofig descriptions showing
how we using m0n0wall on WRAP and Soekris boards to provide broadband
wireless links for low income housing areas.  Today we did our first
install of m0n0wall with Atheros support.  See pics and full description at:

http://socalfreenet.org/node/520

The topology of our network is a central 802.11a access point that is
connected to the internet via a separate gateway running m0n0wall. From

then supply internet via an 802.11b AP. Previously we've used
www.nycwireless.net/pebble to build the nodes, but now we can save
roughly an hour per node and use m0n0wall instead. Plus many more
volunteers are able to configure the nodes since no command line *nix
experience is required.

Many thanks and kudos to Manual and the many other contributors that
have made this possible!

cheers, michael
www.socalfreenet.org