[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christian Rohmann <Christian dot Rohmann at gmx dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Beta 1.2b6
 Date:  Sat, 05 Mar 2005 10:43:45 +0100
Nothing against svg graphs ... they made me smile when 1st seeing
m0n0wall on screenshots.

But as we already have snmp and php installed now about a real
monitoring over time:

http://www.cacti.net/

Admitted that for that we would need a small partition to save the data
on. In memory you always lose the data in a reboot.

With cacti we could just monitor whatever we feel like in any
summarization. Actually everything that snmp and local scripts can do ->
everything :-)

Hope this is not some suggestion that is against the way m0n0wall is
planned, but real time graphs don't show problems with CPU / memory /
bandwidth over time and there might be a job running over VPN during the
night and you don't see the peak it has on the CPU and so on ...

Take care

Christian