[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Thomas Siegenthaler" <thosi at thosi dot ch>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  PPTP: connection hangs after a few moments
 Date:  Sat, 5 Mar 2005 19:02:15 +0100
Hi folks

I have some very annoying problems with my PPTP connections.

I'm using PPTP to get access to my company server behind the m0n0wall. My
client runs on Windows 2000 pro. After I opened the tunnel, I start a RDP
(Remote

Desktop) session to the Windows 2003 Server on the remote side. Then, after
I successfully logged in to the server, it takes about 1-2 minutes and my
PPTP hangs. No chance to send any byte trought it. The only solution is to
kill the PPTP session and open it again. After 1-2 minutes, it crashes
again.

I also tried with just pinging to the server. Sometimes the tunnel works
fine, sometimes it hangs.

I tried the fireware version 1.11, 1.2b5 and 1.2b6.

I have no idea, what the problem can be .... has anyone else similar
problems ?

Greetz
Thomas