[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Frans King" <frans dot king at f333 dot net>
 To:  <maximkh at yahoo dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] php script to edit the base files
 Date:  Sun, 6 Mar 2005 02:13:16 -0000

The image contains a partition /dev/sdXa (where X is a number - at least on
my system). /dev/sdXa gets mounted to /cf and this is where the config file
is written to. On boot a disk image called mfsroot.gz is extracted to memory
from /dev/sdXa and forms the root file system.

That's why you see partitions but nonetheless, the root file system is not
persisted following a reboot.