[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey at goldmark dot org>
 Subject:  Separate password for reading config
 Date:  Sun, 6 Mar 2005 19:13:13 -0800
I am interested in automated back-ups of a m0n0 config.  I've seen the
curl and wget examples, so I certainly can set it up.  I just don't
feel comfortable storing the m0n0wall's password en clair in some
crontab somewhere.  I would feel better if there were a separate
user/password pair for read access only.

I haven't looked at the m0n0 source, so I don't know how hard this
would be to add.  I'm hoping that people on this list who are more
familiar with the internals would know whether this would be an easy or
hard thing to do.

Also, if were easy to do, would there be a reason not to do it?

-j