[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vincent Fleuranceau <vincent at bikost dot com>
 To:  =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Germ=E1n_=5C=22A=2E_Bacca=5C=22=22?= <gbacca at itdeusto dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] can't connect to m0n0wall with a browser.
 Date:  Mon, 07 Mar 2005 10:53:49 +0100
> M0n0wall detect just one interface, and after select it ask me for
> another one (the WAN inteface). This is a problem. I've tried using a
> second network card not connected to any network, but m0n0wall can't
> detect it. So, I connected to second network card to the same networt
> than the first one. And the problem continues...

Simply set up the LAN interface and connect it to your hub.

Choose another unused IP for the WAN (within a private address range,
say 10.0.0.1/8). There is no need to have it actually connected to a
physical network.

If the initial configuration console does not detects the WAN interface,
  try to reach the WebGUI from your LAN and click on the "assign" link.

That should work...

-- Vincent