[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall blocks packets it should not
 Date:  Mon, 07 Mar 2005 07:08:16 -0500
I've been experiencing for quite some time (I'm currently using the
latest beta, but I've seen this since before version 1), packets that
seem to get blocked that should not.  Mostly I notice them in my VPN
packets, that I thought should not be blocked at all, but the logs
certainly show many of those packets being blocked.  However, recently I
see packets get blocked when trying to FTP to an internal NATed server
that I have port 20-21 forwarded to.  Both active, and passive mode show
packets destined for port 20 and 21 being blocked.  I even put in a
generic firewall rule to open everything up, packets are still blocked,
and I can not connect to my FTP server.  Is there an explanation for
this?  I'm more interested in why my VPN packets are being blocked
really, but solving my FTP problem would be a bonus.  :-)  Thanks for
any insite.

--Chris