[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Hesseltine <mark at raytech dash measuring dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] azureus problem?
 Date:  Mon, 07 Mar 2005 10:54:29 -0600
Norman H. Azadian wrote:

> I used the NAT wizard for Bit Torrent, then I went in and changed the
> default port range 6881-6889 to port 49999 that I've configured
> azureus for.  Now I'm finding that seeds are almost always blue
> instead of green. I'm not certain it's the firewall, but it does look
> like it.  Any ideas?
>
> NHA

While your incoming BitTorrent packets will come in on port 49999, you
also need to make a connection to the tracker. Most trackers run on TCP
port 6969, but you will find occasional trackers that run on oddball
ports as well. That may be your problem. I've run into that running a
Linux based firewall at home, and had to occasionally open a port to
connect to one oddball tracker, then close the hole when I was done with
that download.

--
Mark A. Hesseltine
Raytech Measuring Systems, Inc.