[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Christopher Snell <chris dot snell at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal without RADIUS
 Date:  Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:46:29 -0500
On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 02:27:09 -0600, Christopher Snell
<chris dot snell at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone figured out how to do captive portal authentication without
> RADIUS?  I'm using m0n0wall on my home network and when I'm away,
> there are no computers (other than the Soekris running m0n0) to
> function as RADIUS servers.  It would be nice if m0n0wall had a simple
> username/password database (and Web UI to edit this) for
> authenticating captive portal users.
>
> Has anybody looked at this?

Dinesh talked about adding a local user database for captive portal
authentication a few months ago, and I believe at the time said he was
going to do it for an upcoming beta.  There have been 2 or 3 beta
releases since then though, so maybe he can pop into this thread and
give us an update.

-Chris