[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  "Robert C. Sheets" <rcsheets at picosecond dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Feature Request
 Date:  Mon, 07 Mar 2005 17:31:00 -0700
Robert C. Sheets wrote:

>On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 08:29:54AM -0800, RICK H. NHAN wrote:
>>Would it be possible to include something in mOnOwall DHCP server
>>services to lease out address starting  from a lower IP address to
>>higher IP address to clients?
>>"e.g."  Scope range (, DHCP server leases
>>out address starting at, 151,152...etc.
>Just out of curiosity, what problem would this solve?
I've always been at least moderately annoyed that although my range
.100-.199, only IPs in the .190-.199 range seem to get used, and those
IPs get reassigned to new MAC addresses very quickly after the lease is
given up.

Is there a reason to not use the entire range?  Whether we start at the
top or bottom or middle isn't the point.

Going to war over religion is fighting to see who's got the
better imaginary friend.