[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Will Dyson <will dot dyson at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Save settings on usb-storage device?
 Date:  Tue, 8 Mar 2005 12:41:50 -0500
My company has been running several generic-pc m0n0wall routers for
some time now. We are using the 1.2bX versions. Some are using hard
drives, others are using the cdrom version. I'd prefer to use the
cdrom version for all of them (ease of upgrade etc), but the flakyness
of modern floppy disks and floppy drives makes me worried about
putting one of those in a remote location. Not to mention how slow it
is to save the config to the floppy drive.

Would it be difficult to modify the generic-pc-cdrom version to store
its settings on a usb pen drive? They have replaced all other uses of
floppy disks in my life.

--
Will Dyson