[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Wright <fw at well dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2b6 QT trailers stalling after a certain amount of download
 Date:  Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:55:38 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Goetz Goerisch wrote:

> I facing the following problem with the latest beta.
> When I watch a trailer from apple.com/trailers the download stops after
> a certain amount
> of data.
> I'm seeing this with a WRAP.1D-2 running after a factory default reset.
> I just entered the PPPoE account data, everything else was left
> untouched.
>
> I'm not seeing this with the 1.11 image.

That's exactly the symptom I was having due to the window scaling bug in
IPFilter, which I fixed a while back.  Apparently there was a problem
merging the fix into the new kernel.

> What info's do you need to investigate further?

Try setting the client's receive socket buffer to no more than 65535 and
see if that fixes it.

Although the announcement didn't specifically mention it, the fix for the
IPFilter bug where NAT was screwing up checksums of ICMP errors may have
been lost as well.  The most obvious symptom is traceroute not working,
but it could break PMTU discovery as well.

I don't know why 802.11a/g support was so important that it justified
rushing into 5.3 with known broken basic firewall functionality.

					Fred Wright