[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  fxp link0
 Date:  Tue, 8 Mar 2005 20:31:53 -0500
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:08:40 -0500, Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net> wrote:

> > ifconfig fxpX link0
> >
> > Where X is the NIC number (fxp0, fxp1, etc...)
> >
> > Then you'll see something like
> > fxp0: Microcode loaded, int_delay: 1000 usec  bundle_max: 6
> > in your system log.
> >
> > You can run that from exec.php to try it out.  To have it run at every
> > boot, put those lines in your config in <shellcmd> parameters (see FAQ
> > on hidden config.xml options for more info)
>
> I run it in an earlyshellcmd. Not sure if that really makes any difference:
>
>                <earlyshellcmd>ifconfig fxp0 link0</earlyshellcmd>
>                <earlyshellcmd>ifconfig fxp1 link0</earlyshellcmd>
>                <earlyshellcmd>ifconfig fxp2 link0</earlyshellcmd>

FYI,
After some discussion with Manuel, link0 is going to be enabled on all
fxp NIC's in the next version unless somebody knows of a good reason
not to.  If the NIC doesn't support that feature, it should just not
load it and go along happily.  I've tried this on a bunch of fxp's and
have yet to come across one that doesn't support it, so we really
don't know what effect it might have.  Supposedly there are some out
there somewhere that don't, though it shouldn't be an issue.

-Chris