[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bernd Holzinger <bernd underscore holzinger at t dash online dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Experiences w/ Advantech ...
 Date:  Wed, 09 Mar 2005 08:36:20 +0100
>Has anyone had any experiences running 1.11 on "ANY" Advantech
>hardware?  Particularly the FWA-3680 appliance.

we use a FWAP-3680 from www.ipc2u.de which seems to have the same
motherboard inside (NOVA-7898). It has 2 Intel ethernet ports on board
and 2 mini PCI slots for LM-102N-X59 ethernet cards with 2 Intel ports
each. As hard disk we use a 16MB flash IDE-drive (MDM-16/40-V). The
cpu is a 1GHz P3 which is total overkill because we don't use ipsec.
RAM is 256MB.

We have lots of these appliances installed with 4 and 6 ports. All are
working like a charm. No problems since 9 months with mono 1.1 and
later 1.11, 1.2b never tried.

You can replace one (!) of the Intel cards with a Broadcom 5701/5703
1GB card (also available as 2 port) but we've never tried this one.

--
Bernd Holzinger
email: bho dash nospam dash  at sns dot dnsalias dot org