[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Nick Bellomy" <nick at 3tpro dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  simple fail over
 Date:  Wed, 9 Mar 2005 10:31:59 -0600
I've searched through the list archive regarding m0n0's ability to do
fail over with multiple WAN connections and I'm still not sure if simple
failover can be accomplished.  I'm not looking for load balancing, just
a simple transition to an alternate when the primary is down.  I saw a
note from Mitch, I think, that talked about running a ping test and
gateway change.  I believe he was talking about doing that client side
which won't work for my situation.  Any suggestions?  Any new features
coming that are related as a result of the change to FreeBSD 5 ?

--Nick