[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bryan Kohlstedt <kohlstedt at gmail dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Multiple Subnets Accessing The Internet
 Date:  Thu, 10 Mar 2005 05:46:54 -0600
I have a site with two locations. They are connected with a point to
point T1 line as the main file server is located at one location and
both need to access it constantly. Also, one location accesses the
internet through the other location's DSL line. All internet traffic
is routed across the T1 and then a cisco 1600 routes all traffic bound
for the internet to a .254 which is our internet gateway.

I want to use m0n0wall as that gateway. What do I need to do to allow
traffic from both subnets? I know there won't be a problem for the
first location, it's for the second one that is on a different subnet
and has it's internet traffic routed across the T1 line first that I'm
not sure about.

Thank you,
Bryan