[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: simple fail over
 Date:  Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:08:43 -0500
Nick Bellomy wrote:

> I've searched through the list archive regarding m0n0's ability to do
> fail over with multiple WAN connections and I'm still not sure if simple
> failover can be accomplished.  I'm not looking for load balancing, just
> a simple transition to an alternate when the primary is down.  I saw a
> note from Mitch, I think, that talked about running a ping test and
> gateway change.  I believe he was talking about doing that client side
> which won't work for my situation.  Any suggestions?  Any new features
> coming that are related as a result of the change to FreeBSD 5 ?

This isn't implemented currently. A few people have started working on it
at various times, but as far as I know nobody has created a solid solution.

I'm hoping to add ppp to m0n0wall and support serial dialup links soon.
Perhaps after that is finished I can tackle fail-over. No promises though.

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,