[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ping Kwong" <kwongp at midtown dot net>
 To:  "'adrian'" <selage at sbcglobal dot net>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] adding 3 nics to system and now i cant send emails
 Date:  Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:52:44 -0800
>Every since I have added 3 nic cards I can not send emails from my servers.

>I am forced to use my isp mail servers, which defeats the purpose of having
>email server,

SBC has been slowly forcing people to have all mail filtered through their
mail server in their attempt to combat spam.  I've had to change to their
SMTP server on several machines now that were once using a registered
domain's SMTP server.  I believe this affects PPPoE accounts only.  If you
are running a static IP, I believe you are safe at this point.  It Might be
worth investigating whether SBC will eventually block static IP addresses on
port 25 also.