 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal without RADIUS
 Date:  Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:54:32 +0100
On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 19:46, Chris Buechler wrote:
> Dinesh talked about adding a local user database for captive portal
> authentication a few months ago, and I believe at the time said he was
> going to do it for an upcoming beta.  There have been 2 or 3 beta
> releases since then though, so maybe he can pop into this thread and
> give us an update.

What about the user-database in pptp?

Any reason not to implement a common user database for pptp, captive
portal?

-and as time goes to implement user/certificate handling for OpenVPN and
other protocols?

I don't see the reason why there are separate user/login-databases for
- captive portal (radius available)
- ipsec pre-shared-keys (no radius available. Why?)
- pptp (radius available)

and on the todo/wish lists

- userlogin to the m0m0wall itself
- openVPN certificate handling

Ofcouse a common database will be a little more complex, but the easier
user-maintanence of a single point of setting up rights for a user would
be a big plus.