[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Multiple Subnets Accessing The Internet
 Date:  Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:20:43 -0500
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:25:08 -0500, Jewell, Mike
<mjewell at law dot umaryland dot edu> wrote:
> I'm reading this slightly different,  I see it like this:
>
> Location1--T1--Cisco1600--Location2
>                     M0n0Wall
>                         DSL

That's what I'm thinking it probably looks like too.

> If this is what your looking at,  there shouldn't be a problem,  because all
> traffic that the M0n0Wall see's will be the 1600's IP, or  the DSL's ip...

Not true unless the router is NAT'ing, which it shouldn't be in the
capacity of a LAN router in this scenario.  The remote subnets (all
those not directly connected on a m0n0wall interface) will each need a
static route in m0n0wall pointing to the 1600 (assuming the network
looks as shown above).  The 1600's default route will need to be
m0n0wall's LAN IP.  Other than that a typical config will work fine.

-Chris