[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "C. Falconer" <cfalconer at avonside dot school dot nz>
 To:  'Dimitar Atanasov' <phusho at phreedomnet dot org>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] SwapPartiotion
 Date:  Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:12:13 +1300
No - there is no support for swap, because that would make the unit reliant
on a hard drive.  You wouldn't want to use your CF card as swap :)

Why can you not add more ram?  You may have to replace some 8 Mb simms with
some 16 Mb simms, or even locate another obsolete machine.... PII makes a
good firewall - its fast enough but slow under XP, and probably take the
more common SDRAM.