[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brian Morton <brian18 at uga dot edu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  layer 7 integration
 Date:  Sat, 12 Mar 2005 00:49:05 -0500
I was thinking today about how great it would be to be able to keep my
roommates from just changing their port #s to get around my traffic
shaping, and then it hit me, that the layer 7 traffic shaper would be
better suited to the purpose of the m0n0wall traffic shaper than a port
based system.  What is the possibility of getting this integrated into
m0n0?  I know very very little about FreeBSD or if this is even
possible, but just wanted to throw it out there and see what you guys
thought.