[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vincent Fleuranceau <vincent at bikost dot com>
 To:  "Norman H. Azadian" <norman at azadian dot ch>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] accessing own web server
 Date:  Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:29:08 +0100
> My server (192.168.3.10) is wired to the LAN input (192.168.3.3) of
> m0n0wall.  When I try to access my web page (http://www.azadian.ch/)
> from my server, I land on the m0n0wall GUI.  After putting the
> appropriate entries in DNS forwarder, there's no problem from the other
> machines on my LAN.  How can I fix the problem of access from my server
> to my server?

You can't reach a NATed service from a NATed host. This is a know (and
DOCUMENTED!) issue.

You can only reach it via its NATed IP, i.e. 192.168.3.10 (and 127.0.0.1
from the server itself, of course).

Go to the DNS forwarder page and add an entry for your server in order
to override the results from the DNS forwarders.

Use the following:

   Host = www
   Domain = azadian.ch
   IP = 192.168.3.10